[ltp] external DIGITAL monitor with ubuntu and intel i950 graphics

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:44:23 +0200

HI Ferdinand,

I can get down to 6.7W if I turn off the wireless, the HD, the fan and
the monitor to the lowest illumination possible. If that is the case, I
know even a trick to get it to use 0 Watts :-))

Or do you get about 6W with moderate use? I am really interested in your
findings :-)

If you do not have time to answer, don't worry about this email!

best,
Volker

Hi Ferdinand,

~6W? how do you manage that? I am not  even getting close while doing, I
think, the standard powersaving stuff! As a matter of fact, on my
laptop, power consumption seems not to have changed.

What is your trick?

thanks a lot in advance!!

best,
Volker