[ltp] Re: external DIGITAL monitor with ubuntu and intel i950 graphics

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:03:55 +0200

Hi Christoph,

good point!

But what is strange is that even with a stopped HD in my X200s, I cannot
reach below 8 W with the reasonably good "working conditions" outlined
by Ferdinand.
There must be more to it. The X301 seems to have a UL9400 processor
which has slightly less power than the SL9400 but which also uses 10W
instead of 17W peak consumption. Perhaps that could also make a
difference, not sure...

If there are more people interested, we could start to generate some
statistic about the different settings people use and their effects.
It would probably make sense to limit those considerations only to
X200,X200s,X30x series or else we would not get a good statistic out...

who of the X200,X200s/X30x users would be interested?

best,
Volker