[ltp] S2D breaks S2RAM

Nils Faerber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:45:55 +0200

Hi!
This is just a note for the records (or question for adivce but I fear
that there is no solution)...
I experience on a X60 running latest kernel 2.6.29.1 and Ubuntu Intrepid
the situation that S2RAM is broken once I used S2D :( pretty bad since I
would like to be able to use both depending on my usage situation (S2RAM
for short term suspend, S2D for longer term).

I also see a difference in power consumption with S2D!?
Before any suspend I can go down to around 9-9.5W. With the same
settings and usage after a S2D the power consumption rises to 13.5W!
After S2RAM the power consumption is same as before.

So it seems to me that S2D, although it works reliably, seems to change
something on resume that causes a) S2RAM fail to resume and that causes
an additional power drain after resume from disk.

Any ideas?

PS: No, I cannot update the BIOS since I do not own a non-USB CDROM for
that X60 and USB CDROM does not work for BIOS update - at least not
without majot hassle to re-master the bootable CDROM :(

Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48  Fax: +49-271-771091-19