[ltp] S2D breaks S2RAM

Damjan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 03:20:44 +0200

> PS: No, I cannot update the BIOS since I do not own a non-USB CDROM for
> that X60 and USB CDROM does not work for BIOS update - at least not
> without majot hassle to re-master the bootable CDROM :(

well, what I did at the end was resize the swap partition, and create a
small DOS partition (30MB) and then installed MS-DOS there.

Then I just extract the BIOS from the .iso that Lenovo provides for
updating on the DOS partition, boot into DOS and update from there.

I just don't remember how I installed DOS, I think I downloaded a floppy
image, set it up in grub with memdisk, booted it like that then
installed on the DOS partition.

X60s here BTW

--
damjan | дамјан