[ltp] S2D breaks S2RAM

Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:31:37 -0300

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 19:45:55 +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:
> > PS: No, I cannot update the BIOS since I do not own a non-USB CDROM for
> > that X60 and USB CDROM does not work for BIOS update - at least not
> > without majot hassle to re-master the bootable CDROM :(
>
> ThinkWiki[1] has some ways to upgrade an X series without a CD-ROM.

If anyone has a good recipe for that which needs only FreeDos, I think
Lenovo would be interested ;-)   I have asked them for PenDrive images a
long time ago, but they don't have the inhouse expertise right now, and
probably they're short on engineers to deal with it.  Besides, their Windows
utility does the job for 95% or more of their customers...

If someone writes a script that creates a bootable USB pendrive using
FreeDos, I can get it shipped to the right hands in Japan.   If anyone is
interested into doing it, please make sure to use either the 2-clause BSD or
the MIT X license for the scripts.

  Henrique Holschuh