[ltp] [x200 && debian/sid] lost media control keys

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:29:42 -0300

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Richard Neill wrote:
> To monitor them, try tail -f /var/log/acpid.

Which is not going to work anymore in Debian sid's kernels.

You'll need to monitor the input device. "input-events" from the
"input-utils" package will do it.

> Each key is configured in /etc/acpi/events

This doesn't work anymore [in any kernels that are not compiled with the
deprecated support for ACPI procfs events].  Instead, you'll need to
either use something in X (e.g. your desktop environment) if you tell X to
bind to that input device, or you will have to write a program do to it.

I may find sometime to work on HAL's input helper to give it added
capabilities to match the old acpid one of these days, but I don't have
much time for that right now.

  Henrique Holschuh