[ltp] Bootable usb for bios upgrades

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:43:04 +0200

Hi,

last year i tried freedos, and it did not work. the flash tool starts,
but the flashing did not work.

my fastest way to flash by bios is:

- get a dos/windows boot floppy
- start virtualbox, config the swap partition as harddrive
- boot floppy
- format the harddrive (swap partition)
- sys c:
- connect the BIOS CD ..
- copy the CD ..
- boot from now DOS partition..

and in the end .. mkswap again
this only works if your swap is a primary partition..

--
Florian Reitmeir