[ltp] Re: Bluetooth button not working after installing Debian 2.6.29 kernel

Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:25:12 +0200

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 08:43:57PM +0200, Bj=F8rn Mork wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> writes:
> > You should never need that, thinkpad-acpi already issues input events,
> > at most you need to use a simple HAL .fdi file to set, e.g.,
> > KEY_BATTERY on fn+f3.
>=20
> You can?  Even with keys which are not reported by xev at all?  I find
> the hal un(der)-documented magic, while I do have a nicely working setup
> based on acpid.  Adding the above will make that continue to work with
> CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT disabled.
>=20
> It does not prevent someone else from fixing hal.  Or even me, if I'd
> only known where to start with the hal magic.  Most of the keys listed
> above do show up as unknown keys in xev.  Fn+F5 is the only exception.
> But I haven't got the faintest idea how to remap them to something
> useful.=20
>=20
> And BTW, mapping to an X key is only half the solution to replace acpid
> functionality.  What is the recommended utility for mapping key events
> to some script nowadays?  I'm using xbindkeys at the moment to bind keys
> like XF86ScreenSaver (which is correctly mapped from Fn+F2 by hal).

Additionally, how do I make sure those bindings work always (including
at the GDM prompt) and not only when a user is logged in?

I'm somewhat irritated that my volume keys are now processed by the
software and therefore I cannot mute the Ubuntu login sound since the
relevant daemon (gnome-settings-daemon?) either is not started soon
enough, or the system is too busy burning CPU cycles to react to my
keypresses quickly enough.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Was a time, all we got for christmas were bitfields. And we were happy!
                -- Mike Barton
You had bitfields? When I wanted more bits I had to pull out my wirewrap to=
ol
and put them in myself!
                -- Andrew Dalke

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj