[ltp] Re: Bluetooth button not working after installing Debian 2.6.29 kernel

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:03:57 +0200

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br> writes:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> Any ideas on the reasoning behind this?  It seems like completely
>> unnecessary obfuscation to me.
>
> The Linux kernel header is the master copy of the keyname->keycode table,
> and gets updated nearly at every new kernel with new keys and events... :=
-)

Yes, I'm not questioning the source for the key names.  That's perfect.

I'm questioning the need to change "KEY_BLUETOOTH" to "bluetooth", when
the constants in fact are the same.  Might be just me, but I find such
changes confusing and I start wondering "why?  what is it I don't see
here?".

I do realise that the currect names can't be changed.  Too late to do
anything about those.  I'm just trying to understand hal, and it doesn't
work out too well at the moment...

Bjørn