[ltp] X200 vs X200s screen quality

Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:04:39 +0100

tricqster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I apologise if this is too OT, but I can't find answer for this question
> so I decided to ask thinkpad users here.
>
> I'd like to buy Thinkpad X200s (or X200), but I am afraid of screen quality.

The most important thing is to buy a matte screen, rather than a glossy
one. Unfortunately, the glossy ones are much more fashionable right now
because they look "shiny", and because the blacks are slightly deeper.
But the matte screens (usual for older thinkpads; not sure about the
newer ones) are much better for actual use, because they don't suffer
from reflections nearly as much.

The other key thing is the screen DPI (dots per inch) - the 133dpi
screens are amazing (eg 15" 1600x1200) compared to the more normal
100dpi screens.

HTH,

Richard