[ltp] Re: Thinkpad Power Consumption Roundup [TPCR]

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:46:29 +0200

Hi Volker,

Volker Krueger schrieb am 30.04.2009 21:07:

> Hi Christoph,
>
> yes, this is the file in /etc/X11.
>
> It is exactly the one as installed by default. I only added the
> line
>
> Option "AccelMethod" "UXA"
>
> as suggested earlier by Ferdinand.

I did

	dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

and than it worked. But UXA leads to a black screen and I
need to reboot. EXA shows no difference---glxgears generates only
about 100 fps.

> Is it possible that there is another config file?

No, I guess there was something wrong with line endings.

> Or is it
> possible that one is online generated using the display
> configuration tool? Since the new ubuntu version, I can use
> almost any external digital and analog screen with perfect
> resolution. [...]

Nice! For me after upgrading to 9.04 graphics performance is much
worse than with 8.10. :-( Really strange since our ThinkPads only
differ in backlight technology and resolution.

Best
Christoph
--
+++ Typografie-Regeln (1.6): http://zvisionwelt.de/?page_id=56