[ltp] F10 update smashes ethernet

Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:40:50 -0400

---- Richard Neill <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply David but I now find that even my wired connection
> > is gone and in a very strange way.
> > If I ping 192.168.1.1,
> > it says that it is pinging 192.168.122.1, fails, and
> > then reports an error pinging 192.168.1.1
> > What's up with that?
> > I just booted up with the F10 live CD and all went well with that.
> >

> I suggest that you may want to check your firewall settings. If you have
> any firewalling enabled, turn it off, and see if the problem goes away.
>
> What do you get when you run:
>    ifconfig
The second line shows the internet address to be 192.168.1.122
and I can't get rid of this.
I do the delete internet address command and  ifconfig does show
that it is gone but as soon as I try another ping it's right back.
Also the set internet address command will not set the address
of my router.
I have transferred all off my date files off of this box and
at this point I'm just going to give up and reinstall.
Neither the wired or the wireless comes up after boot which
makes me think that the entire network system it smashed.
What a PITA, I will certainly think twice before doing my next update.
Thanks,
   Bert