[ltp] lenovo support for linux

Jesse Sheidlower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:51:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 07:01:53PM +0200, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> Am 04.08.2009 17:58, schrieb Chris Schumann:
>> Florian Manschwetus wrote:
>>> Today I've had a call from Peter Reinhart (Lenovo Germany)
>>> He told me that lenovo gives absolutely NO support for linux related
>>> trouble with T60 or any other model which wasn't sold with linux
>>> preloaded.
>>
>> I've been running Fedora for a while on my T60. (Still on F10 because
>> F11 is still pretty scary, though.)
>>
>> My system works very well except for IrDA, and I'd be happy to answer
>> any questions about my configuration.
>>
>> Chris
>
> Hm, just to start, what gpu do you have ati x1400?
> What xorg version, what grafic driver?

I can't provide full details of my setup at the moment, but of
my two T60s, one has the Radeon X1300, the other the X1400;
both are being run under X.org 1.6.3. I'm using the
auto-configured settings with no accelerators, 3D modules, or
anything like that.

I haven't been able to get dual-head working on the X1300,
though I assume it's my own inability to figure it out, rather
than a problem with the hardware. (I haven't tried on the
other computer.) Aside from that, everything works fine.

Jesse