[ltp] lenovo support for linux

Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:34:51 -0300

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> He told me that lenovo gives absolutely NO support for linux related

They don't, not to the end user, and the limited developer help they do
give does not involve hardware (or repairs :p) at all.

> Furthermore he told me that my specific t60 is still not replaced in
> complete, after 3 or 4 mainboard replacements, because the mainboard

If you had to replace the planar card twice for problems of unknown
origin, SELL THE LAPTOP.  It is likely something bad hidden in the
machine that is frying parts of the planar card slowly, and chances are
very high that they will NOT find it.

It could be the PSU, some other component that is shorted or that gives
a major kick to the machine every once in a while, or any of about a
million possible defects.  The repair center will NOT find it except by
sheer luck.

> Additionally my 3 year warranty was timed out during the time it was
> in repair center, waiting for a decision from lenovo, he told me
> that he will ask someone for some warranty extension, maybe there is
> a small chance.

Sell it as soon as you get it back.  Turn it on just to copy your files
over and reinstall Windows in order to sell it.

> So guys, no we are on our own, lenovo won't give us any help for
> problems aren't reproducible with the PRELOADED windows, yes the
> preloaded one this was pointed out from Peter Reinhart.

There is nothing new, there.  And that's why you should generate the
recovery DVDs first thing.

  Henrique Holschuh