[ltp] Re: lenovo support for linux

Vincent C Jones linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 Aug 2009 15:26:31 -0400

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 15:27 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Since it is just you, and others with 1st gen CoreDuo T60 have
> reported they
> work just fine, it makes a lot more sense to suspect you have got a
> thinkpad
> with multiple hidden problems that damage other hardware slowly (aka a
> "lemon").  Such class of problems are a PEST to fix, so you either get
> the
> entire box replaced by Lenovo, or you sell the problem to someone and
> get
> yourself another thinkpad.

At the risk of hijacking this thread...Is it just me or do the ethics of
dumping a known bad system on an unsuspecting purchaser just not pass
the smell test? Sure it's the expedient thing to do, but consider the
impact if you're on the wrong end of the transaction. I prefer to sell
on e-bay "as is--for parts" -- I may not get quite as much, but neither
my conscience nor my reputation suffer from it.

Vincent C Jones
Networking Unlimited, Inc.