[ltp] lenovo support for linux

Ted Ghose linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 21:17:56 -0700

--00151748e8f07c63650470716778

This is indeed very painful, but just a thought, is it really hard to
maintain a list of drivers and a repo (aptget/yum) and ask dsitros to
maintain the mirror? Why do we always end up hearing way too many distros to
support. If the underlying drivers are same, let obscure distro comipile
their own dirver and maintain their least.

Truely, we need grapics and sound driver (may be one for fan/bios), rest we
can roll w/ the standard. Is it so hard?

I'm running T60p with fedora 8, (cant go to 12 since no fglrx supporting
compiz) quite happy with it, if you dont count visiting tech center twice
for fan cleanup and cpu-heat sink glue.

also, apeal as an user, what can we do to help?

thanks

-tg-

--00151748e8f07c63650470716778

This is indeed very painful, but just a thought, is it really hard to maint=
ain a list of drivers and a repo (aptget/yum) and ask dsitros to maintain t=
he mirror? Why do we always end up hearing way too many distros to support.=
 If the underlying drivers are same, let obscure distro comipile their own =
dirver and maintain their least.<br>
t we can roll w/ the standard. Is it so hard?<br><br>I&#39;m running T60p w=
ith fedora 8, (cant go to 12 since no fglrx supporting compiz) quite happy =
with it, if you dont count visiting tech center twice for fan cleanup and c=
pu-heat sink glue.<br>
g-<br><input id=3D"gwProxy" type=3D"hidden"><input onclick=3D"jsCall();" id=
=3D"jsProxy" type=3D"hidden"><div id=3D"refHTML"></div>

--00151748e8f07c63650470716778--