[ltp] Re: lenovo support for linux

Anthony Moulen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:59:09 -0400

> Anthony Moulen schrieb am 06.08.2009 16:43:
> > I would have to check again but I think the
> > Z61M has 4G of ram of which only 3 is available obviously. [...]
>
> Try the Ubuntu server kernel with PAE[1]---it works for me.
>
> Best
> Christoph
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension
I know you sent this a while ago, but it won't work on a Z61M or a T60P with a
32bit processor.  This was prior to the chipset change that would make 4G
available.  This is a chipset restriction not an OS issue.  The memory was
cheap anyway so I am not worried about losing some.  I have a Desktop with 8G
of ram running the PAE kernel (32 bit on 64bit processor)  and it all shows up
just fine.