[ltp] fglrx vs. radeonhd

Michael Milligan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 06:58:21 -0600

Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> Ok I got today around of a lot of my trouble.
> I switched from fglrx to radeon getting all around a unbelievable better
> show. Better and faster rendering of h264 videos, more speed on opengl

It also works well with the radeonhd driver with 3D enabled, v1.2.5 or
later.  I've been using it for some time and have all the benefits you
listed with a smaller memory footprint (still have Xorg
sucking-all-memory problem though).  Suspend never worked will with
fglrx for me, hit-or-miss.  The radeonhs driver has been much more
stable for me on a T60p.

Incidentally, I must have a first-gen T60p since I've only had one
problem, failing hard disk a few months before the 3yr warranty was up.
 Replaced using advance-replacement and the hd sled for the ultrabay to
copy everything over.

Regards,
Mike

--