[ltp] Cardbus USB2 card for Thinkpad X30

wes schreiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:02:02 -0500

trotter wrote:
> I have searched for a cardbus with a power adaptor bus i can not find one.
>
> Has anyone come across them?

I have one sitting on the desk right in front of me. It is a Sunix
brand, model 1080N, with a NEC chip inside. It has three USB 2 ports and
a jack for power. The power jack accepts a 3 mm outside diameter, 1.5 mm
inside diameter coaxial barrel plug, with the positive terminal in the
center. It says it wants 5 VDC at 1000 mA. It did not come with a power
adapter, nor did any other Cardbus card that I have, but the
specifications are right on the bottom of the card so it would be easy
to find one. Several of the other Cardbus cards that I have include a
similar power jack. Just look closely at the photos of a card you are
considering and if you see a small round hole near the USB ports then
the card probably does accept external power, though it will be up to
you to find a suitable power adapter.

wes