[ltp] A new udev rule gives me 3min startup delay

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:22:41 -0300

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Daniel Castro wrote:
> It work fine, it catches the event and does what I want to do. BUT, for some
> reason during startup it's creating a huge delay, like 3 minutes. As soon as
> I move the file /etc/udev/rules.d/80-thinkpad-T61.rules out of that folder
> startup times go back to normal.
>
> Any ideas or pointers?

If you need to run it only on changes (i.e. dock/undock), key it on the
action "change" and not all actions (such as "add" and "remove") like you
seem to be doing by not keying to an action at all...

"udevadm monitor" can help you see the different actions.  Ask it to show
the full environment.

  Henrique Holschuh