[ltp] X60 produces fuzzy VGA output in high resolutions - will Ultrabase help?

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Aug 2009 02:08:39 +0200

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

Richard Neill:

> Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:

>> If only the X6 wasn=E2=80=99t so expensive (especially for a glorified
>> digital-to-analogue converter=E2=80=A6), or was equpped with a DVI port=
=E2=80=A6

> Do let us know what you find.

Apologies for an outrageously late reply =E2=80=93 I was extremely busy sin=
ce
April, with my wedding conciding with the end of semester at my uni and
my honeymoon afterwards; still, I do feel I owe a follow-up to all the
people who helped me in this thread. If you recall, the problem was with
my X60 generating =E2=80=98fuzzy=E2=80=99 output to my LCD at higher resolu=
tions (caused
by lower refresh rates).

I ended up getting a cheap (CD-less) X6, but, not surprisingly, this did
not fix the problem; the output is the same as with straight connection
(I=E2=80=99m still happy with the X6, though; it=E2=80=99s hooked to a lowe=
r-res LCD
now, and it=E2=80=99s great to have the power and monitor hooked to a base
rather than reconnect the laptop every time).

Soon afterwards, I got my hands on a X301, happy that it sports
a DisplayPort and with a DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter I=E2=80=99ll be able to
finally drive my LCD with decent results.

Unfortunately, the Intel driver does not yet support DisplayPort output
(aaargh=E2=80=A6), but, fortunately, VGA output from X301 is much better (a=
nd
less =E2=80=98fuzzy=E2=80=99) than from X60, so I can wait sanely until Dis=
playPort is
finally supported.

Once again, I=E2=80=99d like to thank everybody who helped me in this threa=
d!

=E2=80=94 Shot
--=20
Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial
moment tended to ask themselves questions like =E2=80=98What is my purpose =
in
life?=E2=80=99 very quickly lacked both. [Terry Pratchett, Interesting Time=
s]

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--