[ltp] Bad fan behaviour in X61s caused by GPU temperatur sensor

Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:14:33 +0100

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 09:42:56 +0100, Damien Challet wrote:
> have you tried recently the Framebuffer compression option? On lesswatts.org,
> there is suggestion that it saves about 0.5W, but until recently this option
> resulted in some garbage on the the display.
>
> http://www.lesswatts.org/results/mobile/index.php

I tried 2.6.32-rc8, and the Intel register dumper showed an non-zero
value for the FBC control register, so I assume that is was enabled. No
differnce, though. Also, powertop shows no noticeable difference in
power consumption.

> otherwise to turn on C4 on C3 En bit seems quite effective.

What's this?

Regards,
Tino