[ltp] Re: discharge prediction on new battery chronically wrong. Whose to blame?

Christos Papadopoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:13:05 -0700

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 09:19:21PM -0500, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> Now here's the related question: It's been sometime since the X41 was
> new, so if I buy an OEM battery that is "new", isn't it likely that I'm
> getting a battery that was manufactured several years ago and has been
> degrading on a shelf since then?

I bought an OEM battery for my X40 last year and it worked great. I
think batteries continue to be manufactured long after a particular
model seizes production to cover the needs of existing users. However,
I am not sure what the manufacture date was.

Christos.