[ltp] Lenovo SL500 (NRJF2RT). Driver reports different keycodes

Alexander Bruy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:45:26 +0200

Hi list,

I know that Lenovo ThinkPad SL series is not real ThinkPad, this laptops
is something middle between ThinkPad and IdeaPad. But by name this is
ThinkPad and I think this list is right place for my question. If I'm wrong -
please sorry.

One month ago I buy an Lenovo SL500 laptop (model NRJF2RT) and install
on it Slackware 12.2 with all available updates including kernel 2.6.27.31.
I'm not a Linux guru, so I do some googling for information and find many
interesting info and experimantal driver by the Alexandre Rostovtsev
(http://github.com/tetromino/lenovo-sl-laptop).

But I notice that driver not works for me as written in documentation which I
found here http://markmail.org/message/57jz3dzo2y67vcpb
Additional keys have different keycodes (e.g. Lenovo Care - in docs have
KEY_VENDOR (360) but on my laptop there is no reaction in xev).

Can anyone help me with this? If nesessary I can provide any additional info
and/or do test in my laptop.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Ukrainian and don't know English well.

Regards,
Alexander

--
Alexander Bruy