[ltp] discharge prediction on new battery chronically wrong. Whose to blame?

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:27:27 -0200

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I recently purchased a replacement battery for my X41 tablet
> ( I bought it here: http://www.cutratebatteries.com/IBM-ThinkPad-X41-Tablet-Batteries/IB43M9
>   The battery identifies itself as being made by "SANYO" )
>
> I am using the battery with Ubuntu Karmic Koala, and since I bought it
> (about 2 weeks), the system has never correctly estimated the discharge
> time. The result has been that 4 times that the power has just suddenly
> cut out while I was running on battery (of course anything I was working
> on at the time was lost).

Assuming you charged the battery pack to full, drained it dry, then charged
it to full again (which performs a fuel gauge reset and calibration), that
would mean cutratebatteries.com sold to you broken, low-quality crap.

  Henrique Holschuh