[ltp] Bad fan behaviour in X61s caused by GPU temperatur sensor

Mon, 7 Dec 2009 20:18:11 +0100

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 09:08:32 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Dec 2009, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > (power_level) anymore, but iwconfig settings.  However, it still can't
> > be enabled on IWL 4965 hardware, so I had to look into the driver
> > source again so make it work.
>
> Well, if your changes do work, by all means pester the iwl4965 maintainers
> to get their act together and fix the driver in mainline!

It was disabled by intention by the maintainers because some encryption
stuff gets garbled after suspend IIRC, which may be an issue with the
microcode.  However, I reload the driver after suspend anyway so I just
patched the source to re-enable power management.

Regards,
Tino