[ltp] Re: not detecting x25-m in ultrabay

Robert Tomsick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:11:13 +0000

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 22:51 -0700, m h wrote:

> I saw mention in the ml a few months back about ext3/4.  Anyone want
> to give their advice on which to use now that a little time has
> passed.

Personally I've started using ext4 for the root partition of my
secondary ThinkPad.  I figured that it'd be easy to recreate my root
partition if there were any data-eating bugs still lurking in the code
base; I left /home as ext3 just in case.  I haven't encountered any
issues in with my ext4 partitions though -- they seem to be quite solid.

My main ThinkPad uses JFS for both / and /home, so I can't really say
that ext4's been getting the same level of usage from me.  As always,
YMMV.

-Rob