[ltp] Re: not detecting x25-m in ultrabay

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:38:00 +0100

m h wrote on 12.12.2009 06:56:

> Can someone who doesn't see /dev/hd* kindly share theirs?
>
> cheers,
>
> -matt

That's mine, after switching to libata you need to add support for "SCSI" cdroms, otherwise the kernel won't support
them. They then have the device names /dev/sr0 ...
SCSI disk support is required for USB drives etc.

in "Device Drivers":
< > ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support  --->
     SCSI device support  --->
<*> Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers  --->

in "SCSI device support  --->"
-*- SCSI device support
< > SCSI target support
[ ] legacy /proc/scsi/ support
*** SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM) ***
<*> SCSI disk support
< > SCSI tape support
< > SCSI OnStream SC-x0 tape support
<M> SCSI CDROM support

in "Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers  --->"
[*]   ATA ACPI Support
[ ]   SATA Port Multiplier support
<*>   AHCI SATA support
< >   Silicon Image 3124/3132 SATA support
[*]   ATA SFF support
< >     ServerWorks Frodo / Apple K2 SATA support
<M>     Intel ESB, ICH, PIIX3, PIIX4 PATA/SATA support

I'm using the X25-M as main drive in my T61 with Gentoo. The ultrabay contains the DVD drive.
Concerning filesystems, I'm using ext4 since buying the SSD and have had no problems with it so far.
I created the filesystems using these features:
Filesystem features:      has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype needs_recovery extent flex_bg
sparse_super large_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize
Filesystem flags:         signed_directory_hash

The main feature I changes is replacing "huge_file" with "large_file". Don't know why I would need support for files
larger than the whole disk ...

mount options:
/dev/root on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Perhaps there is room for improvement, so I'm open to suggestions :-)

Regards,
Jens