[ltp] thinkpad t61 on Ubuntu 9.04

anonymous sheep linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:17:57 -0500

--000e0cd5707864701b047adf0ad7

I own a thinkpad t61.  I used to use Ubuntu 8.04.3 lts for its relatively
low temperatures.  It works for a while before I start to encounter freezing
after logging in.  Thats why I decided to go back to 9.04, my first ubuntu
with the horrible high temperatures.

I'm trying to set the ondemand governor and I can't seem to find it on this
system.  I tried the cpufreq-selector and my cpu doesn't seem to be
supported.  Or at least thats the error I got.  Anyone familar with ubuntu
can help me try and figure out how to install ondemand governor?  I'm pretty
sure that could help some problems.  By the way the heating issue isn't the
cpu but the gpu.  The gpu is the temperature driver in the
/proc/acpi/ibm/thermal readings.  However if I can get the cpu temperature
much lower that may help quite a bit.

--000e0cd5707864701b047adf0ad7

I own a thinkpad t61.=A0 I used to use Ubuntu 8.04.3 lts for its relatively=
 low temperatures.=A0 It works for a while before I start to encounter free=
zing after logging in.=A0 Thats why I decided to go back to 9.04, my first =
ubuntu with the horrible high temperatures.<br>
d it on this system.=A0 I tried the cpufreq-selector and my cpu doesn&#39;t=
 seem to be supported.=A0 Or at least thats the error I got.=A0 Anyone fami=
lar with ubuntu can help me try and figure out how to install ondemand gove=
rnor?=A0 I&#39;m pretty sure that could help some problems.=A0 By the way t=
he heating issue isn&#39;t the cpu but the gpu.=A0 The gpu is the temperatu=
re driver in the /proc/acpi/ibm/thermal readings.=A0 However if I can get t=
he cpu temperature much lower that may help quite a bit.<br>

--000e0cd5707864701b047adf0ad7--