[ltp] thinkpad t61 on Ubuntu 9.04

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:36:23 -0600

Saying T61 is a little vague.  What kind of hardware do you have.
There can be big differences between T61s.  A T61p works very well
with linux.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Shannon McMackin <smcmackin@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> I ran 9.10 without issue on my T61 with the same CPU. =A09.04 also had cp=
ufreq
> on my system.
> On 9.04, search with synaptic for cpufreq. =A0It may not have been a defa=
ult
> applet on that version.
>
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:55 AM, anonymous sheep
> <anonymous.sheep@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I decided not to try 9.10 due to the array of problems, especially with
>> thinkpads t61.
>> My processor is: model name=A0=A0=A0 : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU=A0=A0=
=A0=A0 T7300=A0 @
>> 2.00GHz
>>
>> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
>> Doesn't work on my sytem.=A0 After further investigation I realized I do=
n't
>> even have the cpufreq directory.=A0 I don't think cpufreq is supported w=
ith my
>> model.=A0 I remember checking with a command and it said cpu not support=
ed.

>> I probably am using ondemand governor... though there is no way for me t=
>> tell
>>
>> My gpu is Nvidia Quattro NVS 140m
>> The temperature is tolerable now probably because its the winter.

--=20
"As we open our newspapers or watch our television screens, we seem to
be continually assaulted by the fruits of Mankind's stupidity."
 -Roger Penrose