[ltp] [OT] Replacement for T43p

Peter Lemken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:39:35 +0100

On Friday 18 December 2009 19:12:08 Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
> I'm considering buying a new Thinkpad to replace my T43p.
>
> I'm looking for a robust laptop wit excellent Linux support (I used
> Debian) and at least 1400x1050 screen resolution. I also need the
> ability to virtualise operating systems, ideally with Xen.

Get hold of a T60p. I bought mine for 900 EUR and I believe it to be the best
laptop available for all your mentioned purposes and the quality of a real
thinkpad. You can get used ones that are practically brand new and buy the
extended 3 year on location service, which is what I did.

With other, newer models you'll be unhappy with either the screen quality
(glare/non flexview), the keyboard or mechanical finish.

Oh well, I guess this is just too conservative a recommendation ;-)

Peter