[ltp] thinkpad t61 on Ubuntu 9.04

anonymous sheep linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:59:14 -0500

--000e0cd66cb81d49fd047b1cce6a

Well I gave up and installed ubuntu 9.10.  Temperatures are slightly higher
than 9.04, and much higher than 8.04.

I'm using restricted drivers for the nvidia NVS 140 M.  I'm trying to figure
out how to underclock the gpu at the moment.  Is there a way?  Looking at
the nvidia x server settings, the thermal monitor is putting it at 57 C.
PowerMizer keeps putting the perforcemance level 2, NV clock: 400 MHZ and
Memory Clock 600MHZ.  I want to lower this because the cpu heatsink is
shared with the gpu on this laptop. if the gpu temperature increases, so
does the cpu.

I haven't used the open source graphics driver since I first installed
ubuntu a couple of months ago.  The performance was pretty horrible.  CPU
would spike from moving windows around.  It probably has improved now
though.

--000e0cd66cb81d49fd047b1cce6a

Well I gave up and installed ubuntu 9.10.=A0 Temperatures are slightly high=
er than 9.04, and much higher than 8.04.<br><br>I&#39;m using restricted dr=
ivers for the nvidia NVS 140 M.=A0 I&#39;m trying to figure out how to unde=
rclock the gpu at the moment.=A0 Is there a way?=A0 Looking at the nvidia x=
 server settings, the thermal monitor is putting it at 57 C.=A0 PowerMizer =
keeps putting the perforcemance level 2, NV clock: 400 MHZ and Memory Clock=
 600MHZ.=A0 I want to lower this because the cpu heatsink is shared with th=
e gpu on this laptop. if the gpu temperature increases, so does the cpu. <b=
r>
led ubuntu a couple of months ago.=A0 The performance was pretty horrible.=
=A0 CPU would spike from moving windows around.=A0 It probably has improved=
 now though.<br>

--000e0cd66cb81d49fd047b1cce6a--