[ltp] [OT] Replacement for T43p

Rory Campbell-Lange linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:54:01 +0000

On 19/12/09, Konstantin Filtschew (konstantin.filtschew@gmail.com) wrote:
> I can confirm that Ubuntu works great on W500. I had one for few hours
> and could run Ubuntu 8.10 on it.

I'm very grateful for the suggestions. I recently bought two refurbished
UXGA 1600x1200 Flexview T60p Thinkpads for the office. They work great,
and support Xen well. They are too big and heavy for me as I do a fair
amount of travelling, but I'm tempted by the larger screen size as I
like to run two large consoles side-by side (my WM is dwm). A 1440
x-dimension resolution might just do it, and I like the idea of a
machine with Xen support (which I still have to confirm).

T400s with a 1440x900 screen is GBP 1,592.83; T400 with a 1440x900
screen is around GBP GBP 1,245.32. They are both rather tempting -- the
lightweight T400s in particular. However I think they are a bit
expensive.

Please let me know, if you have the opportunity, what the battery
runtime is for a T400 under Linux.

Thanks again for the advice,
Rory

--