[ltp] Brightness problem on x301 running Debian Lenny

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 10:22:32 +0100

--7UIJfHqpdi+oBJdT

John Li:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 08:59:48PM +0100, Per Dalgas Jakobsen wrote:
>>=20
>> I have a strange problem on my x301 with the monitor brightness. It is =
=20
>> like the actual brightness level lacks one behind all the time, let me =
=20
>> explain:
>=20
> This sounds just like the problem I described a few months ago. See:
> http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2008-October/0=
45169.html
>=20
> Henrique replied, saying that it would work with the very latest Xorg
> and kernel. I didn't bother with that, though, since it's not that big
> of an issue to me.

I can confirm that this behaviour has been fixed on my system.

Possibly related packages and their (Debian) version:

X.org: 1:7.4~5
xserver-xorg-video-intel: 2:2.6.1-1
hal: 0.5.11-8
kernel: 2.6.28.3 (vanilla)

J.
--=20
I wish I looked more like a successful person even though I'm a loser.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--7UIJfHqpdi+oBJdT

--7UIJfHqpdi+oBJdT--