[ltp] Thinkpad-ACPI with Ideapad S10e

Bernd Stuht linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 06:50:42 +0100

Hello, i am new to this List.

I've got an new Netbook - Ideapad S10e and most of the Things works ok.
But i can't switch the Bluetoothmodule off with the Fn/F5 Special Keys, witch
works under Windows, but i could use most of the other SpecialKeys controlled
by ACPI ( Displaybrightness, Loudness, and deactivate the whole wireless
( including Wifi and Bluetooth ))
Because Wifi does not work with actice Bluetooth i have to deactivate it
seperatly if i want to use wifi.

Ideapad is not Thinkpad, i found an lenovo-sl-laptop.ko Module ( source )
witch compiles ok but modprobe brings me an Input/Output Error.
( dmesg says Failed to get ACPI Handle for \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.HKEY )
Any Idea's to solve my Problem - should the Ideapad's be included to the
Thinkpad-ACPI Module Projekt ?

A small Programm to stop the Bluetoothhardare would solve my Problem too.
hciconfig is able to stop the Bluetoothhardware, but not able to switch ist
off that Way - only on Windows i am able to deaktivate it, after reboot to
Linux this State isn'n changed - so i could use Wifi until i switch off the
whole Wireless - switch on whole wireless also starts BT - and this is not
deaktivateable under my Linux for now.

System: Ideapad S10e, 1.5GB Ram, 250GB sata, Win XP & Opensuse 11.1
Kernel 2.6.27-8.
Modified: replace the Wirelessmodule from Broadcom 4312 to Intel4965agn.

Have a nice Day ...

Bernd