[ltp] Re: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s!

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:02:15 +1100

I can reproduce this problem deterministically. It happens every time I
try to back up to an external HDD. This is irrespective of whether the
external drive is using an USB/Firewire/eSATA interface.

I have been using the 2.6.27.10 kernel, 64 bit Mandriva, W500 Thinkpad
with an Intel Core2Duo T9600 @ 2.8 GHz system.

If no one knows the culprit, I will have to start rmmoding modules one
at a time to see if I can pin-point the module by a process of
elimination. Its going to be annoying as each unsuccessful attempt is
going to require a hard reboot...with the potential for file system
corruption.

Cheers,
DS