[ltp] How do you like your W500 or W700?

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:05:58 -0600

Hey Bill,

I can't speak to the Wanything, but I have a T60 with an ATI chip.

I'm using Fedora Google Earth flies (or it did last time it worked).
OK... Fedora 9 worked a whole lot better than F10. F9 used ATI's driver,
while F10 uses the new open sourced driver, which mostly works.

I've used two monitors, with mirrored and extended desktop. It's not as
seamless as Vista, which notices a monitor being plugged in and asks
what you want to do about it, but it does work.

And if that still didn't convince you, and money's tight, the T61/p have
nVidia chips, and even Intel's chips aren't so bad these days.

Chris