[ltp] external screen

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:13:25 +0100

--------------enig7A0F719E0BD468A90FDF7CD6

Karsten K=C3=B6nig wrote:
> Am Dienstag 10 Februar 2009 20:24:48 schrieb Arno Trautmann:
>> Sorry, I didn=E2=80=99t mention the problem itself=E2=80=A6 when the s=
creen is connected
>> after booting, I get the output of xrandr -q as posted. But I don=E2=80=
=99t see
>> any singnal on the screen. /that/ is the problem=E2=80=A6
>> Plugging it in and then booting gives me fine dual-screen.
>=20
> You need to activate a mode with xrandr.
>=20
> For your case as example:
> 'xrandr --output VGA --mode 1024x768 --right-of LVDS'
>=20
> (should be obvious what will happen I hope =3D) )

Ah=E2=80=A6 the mode was missing=E2=80=A6 it works fine, thanks very much=
!

As it is related to this, I have a second question: In our department we
have an annoying beamer that only work in some cases =E2=80=93 mostly we =
have
big problems with laptops. It works with mine, if I had the external
screen connected at home, unplugged it and connected the beamer =E2=80=93=

without shutting down the machine. (suspend to ram is ok)
But if I boot with the beamer on and connected, there is no signal to
the beamer =E2=80=93 but doing the same with my screen gives the boot-out=
put on
the screen. Moreover, I don=E2=80=99t see the output on my laptop screen =
(like
bootmenu) =E2=80=93 and no signal on the beamer.

Does anyone have a guess how I could get the signal to the beamer? I
hope, the description is sufficient.

Thanks,
Arno