[ltp] using a second monitor with t60

Nate Bargmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:31:37 -0600

* Marius Gedminas <marius@gedmin.as> [2009 Feb 11 13:40 -0600]:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:06:42AM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > Anyone has experience with getting the signal to an external monitor with a t60
> > Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller?
> >
> > Can it do dual screen or only mirror the display?
>
> It can do both.  See http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

I tackled this today with a T41 and found this page which was quite
helpful:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2

I found that reconfiguring the xserver-xorg package (Debian Unstable)
left me with an almost empty xorg.conf, but it worked!  I was playing
with a Samsung 22 inch LCD TV and it worked out very well.  I didn't
try multi-screen, though I have no doubt that it probably would have
worked.

- Nate >>