[ltp] Re: How do you like your W500 or W700?

Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:35:44 +0100

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:38:50 +0100, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Holger Levsen schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Dienstag, 10. Februar 2009, Christoph Bier wrote:
>>> Watching video on my X200s doesn't work at all and using a projector
>>> doesn't work as it should.
>>
>> I assume you are using the vesa driver. You need newer xorg. No
>> problems here :-D
>
> No, I'm not using the vesa driver. And I really doubt that Compiz would
> run with the vesa driver. :-) As I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 I guess I'm using
> a quite new Xorg. What's your version of Xorg and kernel? Does Google
> Earth work for you?

AFAIK the textured video XV port is disabled in the intel graphics
driver in Ubuntu 8.10, to workaround broken video with Compiz.  The
X200s has a very new graphics chipset, which only has a textured video
XV port (no video overlay anymore), so you end up with no XV port at
all.

Regards,
Tino