[ltp] Re: How do you like your W500 or W700?

Thu, 12 Feb 2009 20:43:44 +0100

--maH1Gajj2nflutpK

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:35:44PM +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:38:50 +0100, Christoph Bier wrote:
> > Holger Levsen schrieb:
> >> Hi,

> >> I assume you are using the vesa driver. You need newer xorg. No=20
> >> problems here :-D
> >
> > No, I'm not using the vesa driver. And I really doubt that Compiz would=
 =20
> > run with the vesa driver. :-) As I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 I guess I'm usin=
g =20
> > a quite new Xorg. What's your version of Xorg and kernel? Does Google =
=20
> > Earth work for you?
>=20
> AFAIK the textured video XV port is disabled in the intel graphics
> driver in Ubuntu 8.10, to workaround broken video with Compiz.

It's not disabled (xvinfo shows both on my GM965), but I think Ubuntu
ships a patch that changes the default preference to the overlay.

> The
> X200s has a very new graphics chipset, which only has a textured video
> XV port (no video overlay anymore), so you end up with no XV port at
> all.

Running xvinfo would answer that.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
CBQ is merely the oldest kid on the block - yet it is by far the least usef=
ul
qdisc and also the most complex one. I advise *against* using it. This may =
come
as something of a shock to many who fell for the 'sendmail effect', which
learns us that any complex technology which doesn't come with documentation
must be the best available.
		-- Linux Advanced Routing HOWTO

--maH1Gajj2nflutpK

--maH1Gajj2nflutpK--