[ltp] Cannot get Ericsson F3507G to work with the Option module

Per Dalgas Jakobsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:17:09 +0100

I seem to have an issue with the "option" module...

When this module is loaded, enabling the F3507G card with
"echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/wwan_enable"
causes a number of /dev/ttyUSB? to be created.
None of these seems to be accessible by "cu"
---
$ cu -l /dev/USB0
Connected.

---
When I write "AT+CFUN=1" nothing is echoed, and nothing seems to work.
Then when killing the application with "killall cu" the application
exits, and
"T+CFUN=1", is still in the keyboard buffer (send to the shell after cu has
closed).

I'm probably using it incorrectly. - Anyone know what I do wrong?

If I unload the option module, then it seems like the cdc_acm module takes
control instead, creating /dev/ttyACM[0-2] when the F3507G is activated.
These nodes, however, work as expected.

For the moment I have blacklisted the option module, but I'm uncertain if
this is the right approach.

I'm using Debian Lenny, with a slightly customized kernel 2.6.28.4 on a
Lenovo x301.

~Per