[ltp] Re: [opensuse-kernel] problems with iwlagn on X200s under kernel 2.6.27

Greg KH linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:26:05 -0800

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 07:19:14PM +0100, Volker Krueger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have often a problem with the wireless driver iwlagn after wakeup from
> standby:
> When i attempt to connect to a wireless network, it very often results
> in the machine hanging: I can see that the root process event/1 consumes
> 100% computation time and keyboard input does not work anymore. All I
> can do is turn off the machine using the powerbutton.
> Sometimes, the HW-switch for the wireless manages to shut down the
> wireless driver, which also stops the event/1 process from using 100%
> computation time. Then, a rmmod and modprobe of iwlagn _sometimes_ helps.
>
> This concerns the X200s, opensuse and kernel 2.6.27.

Which specific 2.6.27 kernel?

I say this as we have fixed some iwlagn driver issues very recently
(last week), so if you could verify that the kernel in the
kernel-of-the-day still has these problems (or not), and let us know,
that would be great.

thanks,

greg k-h