[ltp] Re: cannot resume after hotplugging an ultrabay battery in T61p

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:01:42 -0800

Were you able to find any config options that don't look good to you?

Similarly, I have a nagging but annoying problem where my laptop will
occasionally hard deadlock when I plug the power back in while it was
running on batteries.

I've had this problem for quite a while too, across kernel version, and
interestingly enough, restarting acpid from cron may have been a workaround
in the past, and of course I can't reproduce that one at will either, so
it's hard to get a debugging setup when it happens.
This actually started happening at the same time that for some dumb reason,
acpid stopped logging to /var/log/acpid more than a year ago :(

I just upgraded to 2.6.28.4 so we'll see what happens, but if you have
recommendations on kernel options, debugging, or other ideas, I'm all ears.
(like can I debug on usb serial, or do I need real serial?)

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/