[ltp] Wifi suddenly not working

axp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:51:58 +0100

Phil Shotton wrote:
> I have a T60p running Ubuntu 8.10 (kernel 2.6.27-9-generic) with
> Atheros AR5008 wifi card.
> I use wifi every day, switching between work and home wireless
> networks. All works fine.
>
> Today I could not connect to the work wifi. It shows in NM, when I
> select it tries to connect, after a while the authentication required
> window pops up. Re-entering the (correct) authentication makes no
> difference. I've attached a representative daemon.log.
>
> All my colleagues can connect fine and yesterday it was working fine.
> I can dual-boot into Windows XP, and that also connects immediately.
> I've installed no new software, changed no configs. The only related
> event was that yesterday we had to reboot ADSL router and wireless
> hub, but my machine connected fine afterwards.
>
> Any ideas - either how to fix or how to debug further?
>
> Thanks
> Phil

Does it work @home?

maybe some issues with channel selection for wrong country?

some countries have other frequencies!

try some of them, channel 13 for example is not working everywhere!

filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.27-12-generic/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Johannes Berg
srcversion:     C43F275505B181F0D1625BE
depends:
vermagic:       2.6.27-12-generic SMP mod_unload modversions
parm:           ieee80211_regdom:IEEE 802.11 regulatory domain code (charp)

so far,
Ferdinand