[ltp] Wifi suddenly not working

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:22:43 +0000

Rob Smith wrote:

> How about the authentication type? Are you inputting a WPA passcode
> with the system set to accept a WEP key? It's the little things, ya know?
>
> --
> Rob Smith

> A lightweight Ubuntu distribution.
> Because software, like people, should be allowed to exist in an open,
> sharing community, and not kept contained by corporate greed!
All authentication settings correct. I bought an external USB wifi
dongle (Belkin N) and it connected fine with the same settings. Still no
joy from internal card even through several reboots. Then arrived at
work today, resumed from suspend, and all of a sudden it's working again!

No idea what's going on, but maybe there's an intermittent connection on
the wifi card and moving the laptop around had got it going again.

Phil