[ltp] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 61s!

kinsei linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 23:24:45 -0800 (PST)

I have just recently built a machine and have been having all sorts of
problems transferring the majority of my data onto it.

My Machine has a Intel core i7 Quad Core 2.67Ghz, 12 GB of Corsair Dominator
RAM @ 1600MHz, 2 64 GB SSDs, and 6x 1.5 TB HDs for my storage.

I have tried both OpenSUSE 11.1 and Ubuntu 8.10.  I have tried using
FAKERaid on my mobo, SOFTRaid in the Linux Kernel, and finally splurged for
an adaptec 5805 and am still experiencing issues transferring large files.
The system used to be unrecoverable until I got the RAID controller, but now
I am able to see everything has been due to these CPU lockup errors.

This definitely is starting to feel like a kernel bug and I hope it won't
force me back to windows.... :-(

Please find a fix!