[ltp] slow wireless lan connection

Volker Krueger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:58:23 +0100

Hi,

I am curious about your experience with wireless lan in terms of speed.
the throughput on my local network is 1.1MB/s, as tested with dd on nfs
or with scp.

On my laptop, I have an IWL5300ABGN
the switch is a this classical linksys wireless-G switch, and the
workstation is using a DWL550+ using on a USB2 port.

I have checked the net a bit and it seems that experiences and comments
are diverging a bit. It's too much to summarize, here.

My impression is that this is a driver issue with the intel cards, but I
might be totally wrong.

Who has also a IWL5300 device and has perhaps similar experience with
wireless speed?

thanks in advance,
best,
Volker