[ltp] OT: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Ajai Khattri linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:27:34 -0500 (EST)

> > > I'm looking for a netbook...something nice and stable with
> > > - long battery runtime(!)
> > > - SSD if possible, otherwise 'normal' harddisk
> > > - useable Linux flavor *preinstalled*
> > > - WLAN on board

Ive been using the HP MiniNote for several months now. It comes with SuSe
for $550 but I wiped the drive and installed full Ubuntu (you probably
want to go with 8.10 if you decide to install Ubuntu).

I also have the Asus EEE but found the keyboard unreliable and the screen
cramped. The HP has the best keyboard of all the netbooks.

--
Aj.