[ltp] Summary: Netbook. Looking for THE machine

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:39:31 +0100

Axel Braun wrote:

> I'm looking for a netbook...something nice and stable with

Thanks for all the answers! Let me briefly summarize:
- the question is not to be able to pay the M$-Tax, it is the 'don't want to
and the dont need it'!
- MSI X-320 looks promising, I will see if I can get a grab on it during
next week's CEBIT exhibition. MSI seems to offer XP only, though
- the article on laptopmag was helpful as well
- emperorlinux looks good as well, but shipping & tax to Europe will
probably make it too expensive
- Some mentioned ThinkPad X-series....they are all renamed (X200-X301), look
fancy and are probably very nice, but for a netbook quite large &
expensive. BTW, I did not see any Linux-offering for ThinkPads anymore in
their shop.....
- Dell Mini 9 seem to be really an alternative. I will take a closer look at
that one....

Thanks
Axel

--